Richard E. Rochester, M.D.
Dr. Rochester earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Biochemistry at Clemson University and graduated magna cum laude. He then attended Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, where he received a Doctor of Medicine Degree. After an internship at the San Diego Naval Hospital, he served as a Medical Officer in the U.S. Navy in Japan. He returned to Vanderbilt where he did his residency training in psychiatry, and served as Chief Resident.
Since then, he has practiced psychiatry for over 20 years in Nashville and Brentwood. He is Board Certified in Psychiatry and Neurology and is a member of the American Psychiatric Association. Dr. Rochester completed a visiting fellowship in transcranial magnetic stimulation at Duke University Medical Center and is a member of the Clinical TMS Society.
Certificates & Boards
- Tennessee License, May 1988
- Board Certified in Psychiatry, January 1994
- Visiting Fellowship in Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, Duke Univ Medical Center 2014
- American Psychiatric Association
- Tennessee Psychiatric Association
- Clinical TMS Society
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Vanderbilt University Department of Psychiatry 1994-2012